Limited Access and Early Closings in the Cathedral
Cleaning and Conservation
On Palm Sunday 2019, a fire in the Cathedral's Crypt filled the building with smoke. In the immediate aftermath, workers cleaned everything in the Cathedral below 10 feet. This summer, workers are undertaking an extensive project to clean and conserve everything above 10 feet. This work will lead to ongoing and intermittent limited access to many parts of the Cathedral and change where many services and other activities take place. We thank you in advance for your understanding and continued support of this living Cathedral.
- The Ambulatory and Chapels of the Tongues are closed.
- Daily services are being held in the Law Bay.
- Sunday services are being held in the Nave.
- Access to the Columbarium is by appointent only. To schedule a visit, please email email@example.com.
- The Treasures of the Crypt exhibition is closed.