The Value of Water
Sustaining a Green Planet
September 22, 2011- March 25, 2012
• The entire exhibition is open Monday through Saturday from 10:00 – 5:00.
• Visitors are welcome to walk through most of the exhibition during the hours the Cathedral is open to the public.
• The Multi-Media and Video pieces will be turned on at 10:00 and turned off at 5:00, Monday through Saturday.
• The Multi-Media and Video pieces will be OFF on Sunday.
• Chapels will also be locked at 5:00 Monday through Saturday; closed on Sunday, and during periods of time over Holidays
essay written by The Reverend Canon Thomas Miller, Canon for Liturgy & the Arts
This exhibition was made possible by generous support from the Bermant Foundation; Compton Foundation; Grace Communications Foundation; the Roy A. Hunt Foundation; Invoking the Pause; the Kalliopeia Foundation; the Lambent Foundation, a project of the Tides Center; the Panta Rhea Foundation; an anonymous donor; The Episcopal Diocese of New York; and friends of the Cathedral.
We are grateful to the galleries and private collectors who lent work, and provided coordinating services and expertise: Alexandre Gallery, N.Y; Fischbach Gallery, N.Y.; David Findlay, Jr. Fine Art; Locks Gallery, Philadelphia; Coleccion Patricia Phelps de Cisneros; James Cohan Gallery, New York Shanghai; Nancy Hoffman Gallery, N.Y; Mary Jo and Ted Shen; DANESE, N.Y.; Cheim & Read, N.Y.; Maxwell Albert Zurofsky Trust; Marian Goodman Gallery, N.Y.; Metro Pictures; Francine Seders Gallery; Featherston Gallery, Seattle; Christopher Rothko; Davidson Galleries; The Pace Gallery.
We would also like to thank all our partner organizations who are doing so much to address, and provide innovative solutions for our social, environmental and educational problems.
Alliance for Climate Education (ACE)
Art for Water
Center for the Study of Science and Religion (CSSR) Earth Institute of Columbia University
Food and Water Watch
Visual Thinking Strategies (VTS)